Thursday, July 28, 2011

"I'm not sure what you want me to say" He says...

Why is it that men think that they should say what we want them to say instead of the truth? Sometimes those two things are different, how he really feels or what he really thinks and what he may think "you want to hear". That means that if he were to tell you what he thinks you want to hear, he'd be lying. I'm totally not down with that. I don't know about you, but if it comes down to lying to me or telling me the truth, I want the damn truth! For real. Anyway, every time this one girlfriend of mine tells me her husband has said to her "I don't know what you want me to say" again, I get really angry. I get angry because I'm tired of her having to be the bad guy. I can understand someone being intimidated by some body's strong personality or outgoing nature, maybe even loud voice. I just don't see how one can be so scared of some body's reaction to an original thought or comment that they NEVER  feel comfortable having or making them. I think it's sad. I also think that's it's not something this guy just developed while spending time with my friend, as a result of her behavior. I think this is something he has struggled with for years, since his childhood. I think during his most fragile years this guy got negative reactions to his opinions, thoughts or comments from the people he trusted. So, since then he has been bracing himself for negative reactions from everyone. I hesitate to get involved with these kind of things because they usually end up with some one needing therapy. Luckily I think everyone needs therapy and if it were me that's what I'd do. But it's not me, it's my girlfriend and I'm not sure she and her man are fans of therapy and talking it out. This turned out to be a lot shorter than I thought it would be, but I am getting tired and my eyes are closing on their own. Oh well. Goodnighty!


Peace. H

No comments: